Webb family

Intended for anyone researching their ancestors.
anita morris

Webb family

Post by anita morris »

Hi everyone, I have just joined the site and look forward to hearing from anyone with any info on the Webb family. I have traced the family as far as I can on the census and I intend to visit Dursley early Oct. At the moment I am especially interested in finding my grandfather's 3 children by his first marriage. His name was Charles Webb, married to Blanche and they had Elsie, Walter and George between 1896 and 1900. They were living in Stroud at the time but he was born in Dursley. His father was James, also born in Dursley. Any info will be very welcome thanks Anita :)

dursleyglos
Site Admin

Re: Webb family

Post by dursleyglos »

Hi Anita

The Webbs have been in Dursley for a long time. One of the town's oldest buildings. the Priory, was built in 1520 by a clothier, Edward Webb.

As for Charles Webb, you mention his first marriage. Was he ever married to someone called Bessie (Elizabeth?). I have several pictures of a Charles Webb at various times in the first half of the 20th century, including a Golden wedding around 1950. It seemed to tie in with your dates but I don't know when his first marriage ended.
Andy - Dursley Glos Web Admin

anita morris

Webb family

Post by anita morris »

Hi Andy, thanks for the info. It seems the Charles that you have mentioned is a different Charles to mine. I know he came to Sheffield sometime after 1901 but I don't know what happened to his wife or three children. I think his wife was called Blanche and his children were called Elsie, Walter and George. I have traced the family back to Daniel Webb b. @1771 in Dursley. I am hoping to visit Dursley in October and I am looking forward to following in their footsteps so to speak. Once again thank you so much for your interest and reply. Anita