Dauncey Family

Intended for anyone researching their ancestors.
JULES65

Dauncey Family

Post by JULES65 »

Hi. I researching my Dauncey ancestors. My ggg grandfather Daniel Dauncey was born in Dursley in 1816. His father was Joseph Dauncey born in North Nibley and Mother Mary Exell born in Wotton Under Edge. I believe he married Elizabeth Parkes.

If anyone has any information on this family, I would love to hear from them.

Thank you.

Julie

samdauncey

Re: Dauncey Family

Post by samdauncey »

I can't help you very directly yet, but I do have some information that might be of interest.

My situation is odd in that my g.g.grandmother Sarah Dauncey (b.2/12/1808 in Dursley/Uley) married into the Jobbins family but my father changed his name back from Jobbins to Dauncey during WW1. I've followed Sarah's childeren in the direct line to me and only maintained an interest in her parents, George and Betty, Uley woollen mill owners, until they died after 1850. As well as learning anything about their mill operations I'd still like to find out what they were doing in the later years when they were in Kingswood, Bristol, for the 1841 Census but back in Uley 10 years later.

I printed off a Dauncey tree of Sarah's ancesters (back to my namesake Samuel Dauncey b. 4/7/1695, Uley) from Genes Reunited. I tried to attach it to this post but doc, pdf and rtf formats are all prohibited and txt looses all the formatting). If you want it, send me your email address. There's no obvous link with your side nor can I see one between my side and my other namesake, Samuel Dauncey Esq of Long St, Wootton under Edge (Pigot's 1830).