Ford Family

Intended for anyone researching their ancestors.
helenford

Ford Family

Post by helenford »

I am researching my husbands family tree. I am back to James Ford born Dursley 1824, his father was Elijah. I think I have found the family on the 1841 census. I have Elijah (weaver) age 45 Elizabeth (cloth worker) age 43 John (20) James (15) Henry (10) Emma (9) Sarah (8) Mary (6) and Joseph (4). This would make James 2 years older than he should be but who knows if the ages are correct ? If this is the correct family the mother Elizabeth Cousins father Elijah Ford however if someone can say this is not my Ford family then I do not know the name of James' mother.
I know they were not the only Ford family in this area as I have found 2 Elijah Fords on the free bmd one died in Dursley march quarter of 1857 the other died December quarter of 1858 can anyone help? :wink:

dursleyglos
Site Admin

Re: Ford Family

Post by dursleyglos »

helenford wrote:If this is the correct family the mother Elizabeth Cousins father Elijah Ford however if someone can say this is not my Ford family then I do not know the name of James' mother.
Hi Helen
I've just checked my copy of the baptism records for Dursley for the 18th Century and can't see any Elijah Ford or Elizabeth Cousins mentioned but maybe they wern't baptised or if they were then it happened after 1800. I don't have the records after that date.
If I find something I'll let you know.
Andy - Dursley Glos Web Admin

next2normal

Re: Ford Family

Post by next2normal »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wife: Sarah Ann Ford
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Born: 8 Jan 1815 in Dursley, Gloucestershire

Hi, I too am looking for FORD family info. Looking for parents of the above. She was transported to Hobart for stealing beer glasses.