Newcomer seeking advice

Everything has to fit somewhere! Anything else related to Dursley's past.
TomFizz

Newcomer seeking advice

Post by TomFizz »

I've recently moved to Berkeley from Oxfordshire and would greatly appreciate local advice about the safety of parking at Cam & Dursley's free car park. Hopefully there is minimal risk leaving a car whilst away for the day, but what if I want to stopover in London a few nights ... will my car be safe? Is there any history of vandalism?

dursleyglos
Site Admin

Re: Newcomer seeking advice

Post by dursleyglos »

Hello Tom
Welcome to the area. You won't have any problems leaving your car there for the day and I don't know of a history of vandalism at the station car park but personally I probably wouldn't leave my car there over night. It is a little isolated from the nearby housing and could be a temptation I imagine. I live in Dursley anyway and tend to either walk or use the the station bus from the town centre if I was catching a train but if I needed to leave a car over night I'd be inclined to leave it on the street (Box Road or in the layby just past the Shell garage and walk the last bit. At least that way it would be seen from neighbouring properties.
I hope that helps.
Regards
Andy - Dursley Glos Web Admin

TomFizz

Post by TomFizz »

Sorry about the tardy thank you for your swift response, but I was expecting some sort of email notification and have only just returned to the site out of curiosity to see if it was active. Thank you for your advice and for the kind welcome.

dursleyglos
Site Admin

Post by dursleyglos »

No problem. You should have received an email (as I did when you replied) providing the "Notify me when a reply is posted" option was ticked when you posted the message. It's also possible that the notification could have been removed in error by your email 'junk filter'.
Regards
Andy
Andy - Dursley Glos Web Admin