Denley (Dinley) family

Intended for anyone researching their ancestors.
sally

Denley (Dinley) family

Post by sally »

Can anyone give me more info on my 3xgt grand parents please... any sibliings or go further back? This is my what I know:

Thomas Denley, born Dursley 1760, married 9-6-1777 St. James Parish Church to Ann Griffin born 1752.

Son John Denley, born Dursley 1786, I think was christened and married at the Tabernacle to Jane Higgins, born 1784, lived in Boulton Lane.

Son John Joseph Denley, born Dursley 1832, married Emily Carter, born about 1832. They later moved to Cheltenham.

My grand father John Peter Denley, born Cheltenham 1862, married Frances Cawley in London. I have a lot of info on them.
Any help would be very kindly welcomed.

Thank you Sally Whittington (nee Denley)

dursleyglos
Site Admin

Re: Denley (Dinley) family

Post by dursleyglos »

Hi Sally

I know of a Lavinia Lois Denley who had a non-confirmist baptism in Dursley in 1875, father Ezra, mother Lavinia.
Andy - Dursley Glos Web Admin

Dazza

Post by Dazza »

Hi Sally,

I just found your post from last year- not sure how much info you have found out since?

I am a descendant of Thomas Denley, and according to the info I have, Thomas and Ann had 4 children, Joseph, Hannah, Jeptha William Jenners and John.

My line follows down through Joseph (1778-1860) m Mary Newth (1779-1867)
Son William had 6 children (Joseph, Ezra, Thomas, Edmund Harris, William, Mary Ann)
Joseph (1834-1914) m Anne Smith (1837-1911), had 11 kids (Edmund, Sarah Ann, Hannah, Joseph, Harriet, Rosana, Lois, Lettice, James, William, Edward)
Son Edmund (1876-1961) m Jane Gertrude Hood (1883-1960), had 8 kids (Ralph, Percy, Edna, Frederick, Vera, Hilda, Syd, Mildred)
Son Ralph m Christine Hart, had 2 kids (Robert and Judith)
Robert m Merilyn , had 3 kids (Darren, Janelle and Shane).

There's a potted history of my direct line, but have quite a few details of the rest of this branch if you are interested,

Cheers

Darren (Adelaide, Australia)

gdenley

Post by gdenley »

Hi Sally,
My name is Graham Harris Denley, son of Herbert Harris Denley and grandson of Edmund Harris Denley, passed away in South West Rocks in February,2008.
My ancestors were:- Thomas Denley of who was married in St James Parish Church to Ann Griffin on 9th August, 1777.
Thomas Denley and his wife had 4 children, Joseph, William, Mary, Hannah and John.
William and his wife had 6 children, but only Ezra Harris remained in Dursley. EDMUND HARRIS DENLEY, my great grandfather, emigrated to Australia with his sister Mary Anne in 1877 on the ship "Kapunda".

All of this information is printed in a book entitled "A Clearing in the valley" The author is John Denley Barnes F.R.I.C.S., M.R.A.C

The book was published in 2000 by ALVESTON PUBLICATIONS and printed in Great Britain by ANTHONY ROWE LIMITED OF Bumpers Farm Industrial Estate Chippenham, Wiltshire, SN14 6LH

Regards
Graham Denley