Daisy Phillips and Fredrick Maggs

Intended for anyone researching their ancestors.
Patricia

Daisy Phillips and Fredrick Maggs

Post by Patricia »

My grandmother (maid) and grandfather (gardener) worked for Mr & Mrs Francillon around the time of the First World War
My grandfather came from Bristol and I believe my grandmother came from Dursley and would have been interested to know how they met.

My grandfather died when my father was 14 years of age.

The only picture I can remember seeing of my grandfather was in a frame on the wall of my grandmother's home and expected to find this picture after the death of my parents, but it must have got destroyed at some time, probably after the death of my grandmother.

My parents are now no longer with me and wish I had asked many more questions about their parents.

If you are lucky enough to have parents still alive, ask them what they know about the past, I am sure they will be happy to tell you.

For me it is now too late.

I have been going through a lot of ancestry sites and the best help I have received is from Dursley Town Council.

dursleyglos
Site Admin

Re: Daisy Phillips and Fredrick Maggs

Post by dursleyglos »

In case you weren't aware, Mr Francillon was a well respected solicitor in Dursley and had a large house at the top of Bull Pitch (opposite the old Bull Inn). His office was near the entrance gates to the churchyard at the top of Long Street.
Andy - Dursley Glos Web Admin

tootie

Post by tootie »

I have Daisy PHILLIPS (b. 1895) & Fredrick MAGGS on my family tree. with Son called Walter. As far as I know Daisy was one of six children born to George & Emma, would this be your Daisy PHILLIPS.

Patricia

Post by Patricia »

My father's name was Walter Maggs, the only son of Daisy Phillips and Fredrick Maggs.
I didn't know Daisy Phillips had brothers and sisters, but after my grandfather died in his early 40s, she married again to a man called "Tibby", don't know his surname.
My Mum and Dad never mentioned his surname.

I have done hereditary checks and the only thing I can find out about Fredrick Maggs was that he was born in Bristol and Daisy Phillips local to Dursley.