Longstreth

Intended for anyone researching their ancestors.
Patricia

Longstreth

Post by Patricia »

I am making a family tree and have a marriage certificate for my maternal grandparents -
Emily Dinah Hobbs and Frederick Longstreth who married May 1909. At that time they both lived at the Patch, Slimbridge but later mov ed to Elmcote Coaley.

Their witnesses were Jesse Hobbs and Elizabeth Hobbs, but both of Emily and Frederick's fathers were deceased and would like to find details about Daniel Longstreth and David Hobbs (great grandfathers).

I know Emily and Frederick had 7 children - Bill, Ellen, Elsie, Doris, Arthur and Evelyn plus one I dont know

After Emily's death Frederick remarried but am unable to trace a death certificate for either Emily or Frederick

I would appreciate any information

olcodger

Re: Longstreth

Post by olcodger »

Hello Patricia, Re your query try going on to Google and typing in 'Richard Longstreeth, Coaley Church' You should be taken to Hilary Theyers web site which contains a great deal of information on the Longstreth, Longsheeth, Longstreet, etc family history going back to the 1600 's and hopefully link into your family. i would be grateful if you would let me know if this has proved of some use to you. I know Hilary would be delighted to hear from you she spent years following up her husbands ancestry. Best wishes Malcolm Jones :)

davidpoole31

Post by davidpoole31 »

Thank you Malcolm

My wife has contact Hilary and she has been extremely helpful.

David

olcodger

Post by olcodger »

David, Pleased I was able to help. Best wishes. Malcolm J

Samantha

Post by Samantha »

Patricia, it is such a long time since you posted the original question but I really hope you get this reply. Frederick Longstreth and Emily Dinah Hobbs are my great grandparents. I am Arthur Longstreth's grand-daughter. Emily Dinah Hobbs died either in child birth or shortly after giving birth to my grandfather (Arthur). I have a copy of Frederick Longstreth's birth certificate and it says that his mother was Ellen Longstreth. I have found Ellen and Frederick on the 1881 census along with a Herbert Longstreth who looks to be Ellen's second child. Frederick was listed as residing with his grandparents in North Nibley. I think I have tied this in with the Longstreth family tree created by the Theyers. I think Frederick's mother was

5.7.3.1.5.6 ELLEN LAVERTA b.5 May 1858 Berkeley

Frederick's birth certificate does not list a father. Ellen Longstreth's residence is listed as Dursley workhouse.

Samantha

Post by Samantha »

I think the seventh child was Mabel Emily born December 1909 but died 1910.

Samantha

Post by Samantha »

Patricia, having seen some of your other posts I think you know all this now anyway. It would still be lovely to hear from you as we seem to be quite closely related. Are you Evelyn's daughter?

Patricia

Post by Patricia »

Dear Samantha, sorry for delay, as I have not been on this website for a while was was pleasantly to see your message.
Yes, I am Evelyn's daughter.

She had a brother Arthur, Bill and sisters Elsie and Doris. Mum was the last of her siblings to die in 2006

I know her father married again and she met his new wife once, but I don't know anything about them at all.

I have quite a comprehensive family tree and journal about Mum and her family and If you would like to let me know your email address I will send it to you

Kind regards

Patricia

Patricia

Post by Patricia »

Hi Samantha, just read your post again and realise you must either be Ian, Terry or Mary's daughter.

Mum and Dad went to the second marriage of Uncle Arthur to Jean at Egypt Mill in Nailsworth (where I live) and we met them when we went to give them a lift home.

Mum was very close to Uncle Arthur and we both went to his funeral. Unfortunately Mum lost contact with Jean.

Patricia

ken

Post by ken »

It's only recently that Long Street came up in searching my family. The father of Herbert, Ellen's son, was Richard Hill. Ellen and Richard married in 1881 and they had two more boys, Leonard and Richard. Richard Snr died in 1886, leaving Ellen and her three boys to go into Dursley Workhouse. Richard Hill was my wife's Great Uncle. Leonard married my Great Aunt Florence Cartwright in 1905. Leonard was the first Dursley soldier to be killed in France during WW1.