Petter

Intended for anyone researching their ancestors.
Stephen Petter

Petter

Post by Stephen Petter »

I wonder if anyone in Dursley has a copy of a certain book that they would be willing to give or sell to me.

It was written by Lister-Petter's Public Relations Manager Bill Tincknell in 1995 and is called "A Path to the door - A complete history of Petters".

The publisher is still in existence but the book is out of print.

Maybe Bill Tincknell could be contacted and has a spare copy.

I have collected a lot of information about the Petter family and have arranged for it to be accepted by Yeovil City Archives on my death.

I have a website called www.PetterFamily.com.

Anyone able to help me please contact me either via this Forum or phone 0117 904 1043.

Thanks

Stephen Petter (son of James B Petter, son of Guy Petter one of the three (yes three not two!) who founded Petters.

dursleyglos
Site Admin

Re: Petter

Post by dursleyglos »

Stephen Petter wrote:I wonder if anyone in Dursley has a copy of a certain book that they would be willing to give or sell to me.
Hi Stephen. I do actually have a copy of this book myself but unfortunately I want to retain it as I had a job to track it down. The best place I've found for secondhand books is www.abebooks.co.uk. I just had a look and there are two copies listed today. The author on the cover is Kenneth D'Maurney Gibbons, not Bill Tincknell. The ISBN number is 0750910062.
Stephen Petter wrote:I have collected a lot of information about the Petter family and have arranged for it to be accepted by Yeovil City Archives on my death. I have a website called www.PetterFamily.com.
Thanks for this. If you have more information on the Petter influence on R.A. Lister, especially any of the personalities or heritage I would be glad to include them here. You can contact me via the website email page.
Andy - Dursley Glos Web Admin