Hurcomb/Hurcombe family research

Intended for anyone researching their ancestors.
Hurcomb

Hurcomb/Hurcombe family research

Post by Hurcomb »

Requesting information for the surnames HURCOMB / HURCOMBE. Reasearch to date shows the name in Newington-Bagpath in the mid 1700's and in Uley in the mid 1800's.
Thanks,
T. Hurcomb

dursleyglos
Site Admin

Hurcomb(e) research

Post by dursleyglos »

Hi Tom
I 've found details of many Hurcombs and Hurcombes in the Uley area in the 18th and 19th centuries. It seems it was a fairly common name, too many to add here so I've sent them by separate email.
Good luck
Andy - Dursley Glos Web Admin

Bloodworth

Re: Hurcomb/Hurcombe family research

Post by Bloodworth »

Hi,
Great site! certainly one of the best I've managed to find!

I am descended from a number of Uley and Dursley families, including Hurcombe.

I am descended from Charlotte Bloodworth daughter of James Bloodworth and Betty Long. Charlotte married Giles Hurn (Hiron and other variations) 1814.

At this stage other family names include: Fisher, Dauncey, Wilcocks, Stockman, Browne. From Hawkesbury I am also descended from the Hort and Longden (variations) families, which may also include the Long family. I notice Long Street is quite short, a Robert Long was a baker in Dursley, maybe the street is named after the Long family?

I am descended from Rebecca Hurcombe, married James Fisher 1724 Uley. Rebecca's father and grandfather were both Nicholas Hurcome (variations) and great grandfather was John Hurkom married judith Browne - Tetbury.

I am also keeping my eyes open for information about the Crew Oliver and Parslow families, they might be related.

If interested in my Hurcombe please let me know, though I can only add a little more at this stage; similarly for the other families.

Happy to communicate with those interested in family history.

Thanks again,
Kevin

hurks

Post by hurks »

I am looking for information about Nicholas Hurcombe of Uley born 1640 to 1645.
Most people I have spoken to say John Hurkom & Judith Browne are his father & mother but I cannot find a link between them, can anyone help me with a link.
I have information about the Hurcombe family of Walton, Somerset going back to Elizabeth I, I know a John Hurcombe came from this area but I am still looking for a link between Nicholas and John.

penlan

Post by penlan »

Hello,
My wife is also a descendant of the marriage of James Bloodworth and Betty Long.....grateful for any help.

Penlan

fayp

Post by fayp »

Hi all
~Penlan what information are you after?
James Bloodworth & Betty Long are my Partners 5th great grandparents
James Parents are John Bloodworth & Ann Fisher, and he had 2 brothers Joseph & John
feel free to contact me

Good luck to you all in your search

LeeGeh

Post by LeeGeh »

Hi everyone.

I am descendant of Giles Hurn, who was married to Charlotte Bloodworth. I am looking for any information on Giles pre his death and any information on his family before that.
Much appreciated.