Dursley Pigeon Racing

Have a photo of old Dursley to share? Post here to see if anyone can add anything.
ken

Dursley Pigeon Racing

Post by ken »

This photograph was taken at the annual show of the Dursley Pigeon Racing Club about 1966/68. The only name I know is
the left hand person at the table, Eric Organ. The show took place in Mawdsley's canteen.
Attachments
pigeon club.jpg
pigeon club.jpg (168.58 KiB) Viewed 7069 times

ChrisH

Re: Dursley Pigeon Racing

Post by ChrisH »

Just signed up after seeing this photograph.
The person on the far right, with hands in front, looks like my granddad David Dolbear. It looks remarkably like him, I know he was involved with Pigeon Racing and he used to have a photograph at an event with them flying away. He unfortunately passed away a little over a year ago, but his younger brother and his wife are still alive and living in Dursley, so they may recognise them.

dursleyglos
Site Admin

Post by dursleyglos »

Thanks for that Chris. If you manage to get confirmation that it's him that would be great.
Regards
Andy
Andy - Dursley Glos Web Admin

Ian

Post by Ian »

Hello Ken
I came across this photo during a search for an Eric Organ in Dursley, Eric Organ was my Grandfather. I only met him a few times in his later years, when I was about 14 years old. We're you related please?

ken

Post by ken »

Hi Ian
No I was not related, but was a workmate at Mawdsley's. I took some photos for for Eric, including several at the Pigeon club.