Dursley

Comments & Suggestions on the Dursley Glos Web
tiger80

Dursley

Post by tiger80 »

Hello Dursley people,

I was curious to know what interesting things I could see and find in Dursley? Would it be worth my while staying for more than a week?

dursleyglos
Site Admin

Re: Dursley

Post by dursleyglos »

There are plenty of things to keep you busy within a 20-30 mile radius of Dursley, it all depends on what you like doing. The natural scenery is great with loads of hill and woodland walking around here - the Cotswold Way goes through the town. Other things include Slimbridge Wildfowl & Wetland Trust, Woodchester Mansion, Owlpen Manor and Newark Park. The River Severn and The Gloucester & Sharpness Canal are a short distance away. Then there are the cities of Gloucester, Bath and Bristol as well as the town of Cheltenham. Lots of other smaller towns to visit too, Wotton-under-Edge, Painswick, Tetbury, Nailsworth which all have their character. A little further afield you can easily get to Wales or the Forest of Dean. If you like to visit pubs there are plenty of great ones nearby. Dursley's Old Spot has just won CAMRA pub of the year 2008 for the whole of the UK.
I hope that helps.
Andy - Dursley Glos Web Admin