Old photographs of Dursley, Cam and Uley

Comments & Suggestions on the Dursley Glos Web
patriciapoole

Old photographs of Dursley, Cam and Uley

Post by patriciapoole »

I now live in Nailsworth and look at the Nailsworth Forum on a daily basis. This is very informative with what is going on in the town. Also a lot of banter between the members.

Although I live in Nailsworth my heart is still in Dursley and Cam where I lived for most of my life.

Its a pity more people don't log on to this wonderful site.

May I suggest you start a new section with members sending in old photos of the area. Cam and Dursley has changed so much during my lifetime I am sure everyone would enjoy the old photographs.

dursleyglos
Site Admin

Re: Old photographs of Dursley, Cam and Uley

Post by dursleyglos »

Thanks for the suggestion Patricia. I do actually get hundreds of visitors to the site, although only a small percentage log in to the forum. I also get many photos sent to me regularly and have several thousand myself. Many of these do make their way on to the regular pages of the site but there is never enough time to do something with all of them unfortunately. The site is intentionally focussed on local history unlike the Nailsworth one which covers broader subjects and current affairs (aside from my monthly news update). It is also deliberately non-commercial and doesn't carry advertising. I will consider your suggestion though as it could attract more visitors to the forum - watch this space! Thanks, Andy
Andy - Dursley Glos Web Admin

Heslop

Post by Heslop »

Now that Facebook has started a "Old Dursley" site' has this affected the numbers using this site, Andy??

dursleyglos
Site Admin

Post by dursleyglos »

I don't think numbers have been affected. In fact it has more exposure now as it gets frequent mentions by others who know about it. The Facebook site is great but not so much as a reference source as the pictures very quickly get 'lost' in previous postings. There is also a lot of erroneous information amongst the posted messages.
Andy - Dursley Glos Web Admin