Surviving Dursley Pedersen cycles?

Dursley's unique bicycle.
dursleyglos
Site Admin

Surviving Dursley Pedersen cycles?

Post by dursleyglos »

I'd like to build up a register of surviving original Dursley Pedersen cycles. If anyone has one, or knows of one, then please register details here and let's see exactly how many are still around.
Andy - Dursley Glos Web Admin

ralph

Re: Surviving Dursley Pedersen cycles?

Post by ralph »

Hi.
I thought I would break the monotony and tell you I have 4 DP's for my sins. JRP

dursleyglos
Site Admin

Post by dursleyglos »

Thanks for that, you're lucky! I haven't got a single one but wish I did. What sort of condition are they all in? Are they all rideable?

ralph

Post by ralph »

I have a list of around 200 DPs, which is rather out of date, from the Veteran Cycle Club study notes.
As regards my bicycles, they are all rideable (2 ladies and 2 gents) and I have completely restored all to a very good condition. They date from approx. 1901 (gents cowhorn)...1903 (ladies)...1907 (ladies)...1914 (gents with original drop bars)
I am a model engineer by inclination and have managed to retube , make all the brake parts, saddle and cantles and make/recondition all DP fittings except hub gears. I am afraid I do not repair etc. other peoples' cycles.
Hope my ramblings may be of interest to you.
Regards.
JRP

dursleyglos
Site Admin

Post by dursleyglos »

Thanks for that. It looks like I need to get hold of a copy of that list, it sounds like you've made a good job of restoring your four examples. We have a restored ladies' model in the Dursley Heritage Centre but I'm trying to get hold of a gents model at some point. They're pretty hard to track down these days!

the vagabond

Post by the vagabond »

Hello, I am looking for pictures of original cowhorn racing Dursley Pedersen head set, 1899, cowhorn seat pivot for non adjustable seat, army model gun carrier close ups, different handle bars on frames. If can help me Email me clarasbo@hotmail.com. I live in the US, thanks.

the vagabond

Post by the vagabond »

Hello, I am looking for close ups of pictures, of original cowhorn, racing model, of the head set, seat pivot for non adjustable seat, army model gun carrier close ups, different handle bars on frames. frame angle's, bricknell front gear? If you can help me Email me with pictures. clarasbo@hotmail.com. thanks. I do weave the seats and I live in the USA.

PJAY

Post by PJAY »

Grand Father served his apprenticeship at the Pederson Works. He went on to Mawdsley's when the Cycle works closed. I have some original pics of him in the works.

dursleyglos
Site Admin

Post by dursleyglos »

Thanks for your last message PJAY. I'd love to see the photos of your grandfather at the Pedersen works. Is it possible to scan them and send them to me please using the email address on this website?
Thanks
Andy